Thursday, May 28, 2009

7 Months

Hard to believe it's been seven months since Kyla died. Jeffery & I were talking at lunch yesterday.....it seems just as fresh as the first month or so. Sure, you get back to work and daily activities but sometimes the pain can literally take your breath away. I'm sure people know this (despite the appearance of getting back to life) but we still miss her soooooo much. Sometimes I just look down the hall expecting her to come running with that big smile saying "Mommy, Mommy, Mommy!" as she would do so often when I came home from work.

When I woke this morning, it's the first thing I thought of.....it's been seven months today. On my way to work I heard a wonderfully encouraging song, "Our Hope Endures", by Natalie Grant (God has a way of knowing what we need!). I'm including a portion of the lyrics below....maybe it will be an encouragement to you.

"You would think only so much can go wrong
Calamity only strikes once
And you assume this one has suffered her share
Life will be kinder from here
Oh, but sometimes the sun stays hidden for years
Sometimes the sky rains night after night
When will it clear?
But our Hope endures the worst of conditions
It's more than our optimism
Let the earth quake
Our Hope is unchanged"

Despite our circumstances, I know God still loves us and our Hope in HIM endures.

2 comments:

  1. Praying for you today.
    -Lisa Metcalf

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your journey with us. Your family has been in my constant prayers from the moment I laid eyes on the precious Kyla Parker that I had heard so many wonderful things about when we first moved to Brevard. Your family is truly an inspiration to me.

    ReplyDelete